Monday, May 12, 2008

A New Earth & Positive Psychology

I've completed my informal study of positive psychology and other books related to the science and economics of happiness by reading the following books:

I'm not planning to read any more but as I've been thinking about the topic, it has brought me back to thinking about Eckhart Tolle’s A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose, which I've written about on several occasions.

It seems to me that the purpose of A New Earth is to increase people's happiness and thus increase everyone's general happiness and to all become "awakened" or "enlightened."

But it also seems to me that positive psychology provides more of a plan to increase happiness, and certainly is much more based in science and facts.

So my advice to people who liked A New Earth: consider reading The How of Happiness (my favorite book so far about positive psychology) or some of the other books I've read in the field of positive psychology, particularly if you're looking for more concrete prescriptions of how to make your life better!

0 comments:

Post a Comment