Friday, May 30, 2008

The Definitive Book of Body Language - Book in Action

I recently read The Definitive Book of Body Language: Why What People Say Is Very Different from What They Think or Feel by Barbara Pease & Allan Pease.

So when I went out over Memorial Day weekend, I had an exceptionally great time people watching and seeing nonverbal communication in action.

I noticed so many of the "courtship displays and attraction signals" featured in the book, such as women displaying their wrists, tossing their hair, and sitting in certain ways.

And for once I paid attention to how makeup and glasses really do affect people's perceptions of women.

Definitely consider picking up The Definitive Book of Body Language; I guarantee it'll make you think differently about all sorts of social situations!

Looking forward to more people watching this weekend. :)

1 comments:

deflv said...

The ‘Definitive Book of Body Language’ (Allan and Barbara) allegedly claims that it allows a woman to expose her armpit and thus "waft" pheromones to the man. Some researchers even claim it attracts attention to her "healthy" hair.

Post a Comment