Monday, May 19, 2008

The Cure Within by Anne Harrington

Last night I finished reading Anne Harrington's The Cure Within: A History of Mind-Body Medicine.

When I wrote about this book last week, I had only read the introduction and was under the false impression that The Cure Within would provide more facts and scientific research than the book actually contains.

Sadly, I was disappointed by this book. While there were portions of it that I found interesting (particularly Chapter Six Eastward Journeys), I found this book largely dry and uninspiring.

It seems to me that the topic, a history of mind-body medicine, was just too ambitious for a book of only about 240 pages of text (and about 90 of footnotes, bibliography and index!).

Perhaps my expectations were simply too high, but I would not recommend this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment