Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Road by Cormac McCarthy

I had heard rumors that The Road by Cormac McCarthy, one of three books I recommend for Earth Day 2008, was going to be made into a movie so I was thrilled to read Charles McGrath's "At World’s End, Honing a Father-Son Dynamic" (published May 27, 2008 in the New York Times) about filming the movie version!

Filming started in late February mostly in and around Pittsburgh with its "deserted coalfields, run-down parts of Pittsburgh, windswept dunes."

I'm glad to hear that the script is faithful to the book and I hope that Viggo Mortensen portrays the father well (Charlize Theron is set to play the wife and Robert Duvall and Guy Pierce also have minor roles).

The son will be played by Kodi Smit-McPhee, an 11 year of Australian who is known for his masterful American accent!

The Road has great cinematography potential and I will definitely see it when it comes out in theaters!

0 comments:

Post a Comment