Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Cure Within: A History of Mind-Body Medicine by Anne Harrington

I've been reading The Cure Within: A History of Mind-Body Medicine by Anne Harrington and have found it fascinating!

I first heard about this book in Jerome Groopman's New York Times article "Faith and Healing" published January 2008.

Harrington, a professor at Harvard, was the editor for The Dalai Lama at MIT which I would also like to read. I saw the Dalai Lama in 2004 when he visited MIT for a Mind & Life Institute Conference and found him to be intelligent, compassionate, and humorous.

Western science has not been able to fully explain or debunk Eastern medicine and I enjoy reading about studies and experiments that provide definite proof in either direction.

Looking forward to reading more of this book!

0 comments:

Post a Comment