Saturday, May 10, 2008

Renewing America's Food Traditions - Slow Food Ark of Taste

I know I've mentioned this before, but I'm so excited to read Renewing America’s Food Traditions: Saving and Savoring the Continent’s Most Endangered Foods by Gary Paul Nabhan that I keep looking up more information on it.

Most recently, I discovered that Slow Food U.S.A. has published online its Ark of Taste, which provides information on the history of many of the items in Renewing America’s Food Traditions and lists contact information for producers!

You can click here to read more about:

The Slow Food U.S.A. Ark of Taste also provides information on many more "endangered" foods that may or may not appear in Renewing America’s Food Traditions:

For many of you out there, I'm sure my "discovery" of this site is old news; Still, it brought me joy to read more about these precious and rapidly disappearing foods of America's cultural heritage.

1 comments:

toujoursjacques said...

I've been to this site a few times and so what if it's old news? Good for you for bringing it to more attention. I find this whole topic so fascinating! and look much forward to your thoughts on Renewing America's Food Traditions. TJ

Post a Comment