Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: Cheesemaking

I'm still reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver with Steven L. Hopp and Camille Kingsolver and very much enjoying it!

When I read Chapter 9 Six Impossible Things Before Breakfast and was happy that Kingsolver mentioned the joy of cheesemaking! I'm no cheesemaking genius but I have tried my hand at it a few times and have even purchased a few things from New England Cheesemaking Supply (mentioned on page 132)!

It's really amazing how easy it is to make cheese and if you haven't tried it, I suggest checking out the website for New England Cheesemaking Supply or purchasing a copy of Cheesemaking Made Easy and giving it a chance!

Or just try this recipe for 30 minute mozzarella from the Animal, Vegetable, Miracle website!

You'll be making homemade mozzarella, ricotta, mascarpone, and even monterey jack and cheddar in no time!

2 comments:

toujoursjacques said...

I've only made yogurt cheese so far, but I'm completely sold on that! I use it for everything. Next up, 30 minute mozzarella. I loved this book!
TJ

cheesenbread said...

Check out my new blog on my home cheesemaking -- cheesenbread.wordpress.com

Post a Comment