Thursday, July 24, 2008

Starbucks Store Closing

So I was misinformed.

My favorite Starbucks store will be staying put after all.

Though I realize I was unclear in my first post -- there are probably six Starbucks within a three mile radius of my house (three within one mile) and I frequent all of them.

There's one store that I like to go to when I'm in a rush -- the one with the drive through; another that I go to during work hours; yet another that's near a bookstore I frequent; and then there's my favorite Starbucks closest to my house.

By my estimates, this one is one of the poorest performing Starbucks in the area -- it's very rarely busy and frequently empty. And so the employees are friendlier and get to know you by your order and sometimes your name. When you use the Wednesday free iced coffee card at this Starbucks more than once in a day, they don't get all huffy. And sometimes they'll even kick in free stuff!

The staff at this Starbucks is just simply the friendliest and most generous in the area.

And that is why I was sad when I was told that this store would be closing.

In reality, these are the greater Baltimore stores that are closing:
  • 5911 York Road inside Belvedere Square
  • 301 S. Light St. inside the Gallery at Harborplace
  • 1433 Reisterstown Road in Pikesville

And these are the other Maryland stores that are closing:
  • 2 Park Place in Annapolis, MD
  • Collington Plaza store at 3524 N. Crain Highway, Bowie, MD
  • Beltsville I-495 in College Park, MD
  • Easton Dudrow Far in Easton, MD
  • Montgomery Village Plaza on Contour Road, Gaithersburg, MD
  • Cloppers Mill Shopping Center on Mateny Road, Germantown, MD
  • Fairwood Green Village Center, Glenn Dale, MD
  • Saint Charles Town Center Mall, Waldorf, MD
  • Westfield on Viers Mill Road, Wheaton, MD

Click here to view the full list.

I think it's time for a coffee break.

0 comments:

Post a Comment