Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Laws of Simplicity by John Maeda

Just read about The Laws of Simplicity by John Maeda (published 2006) on the MIT Press website, where you can buy the book and a simplicity t-shirt for just $25.00!

Maeda is a professor in MIT's Media Lab and a world-renowned graphic designer and this book explores the question of how we can redefine the notion of "improved" so that it doesn't always mean something more -- makes me think of Deep Economy: The Wealth of Communities and the Durable Future by Bill McKibben.

I've long been a proponent of simplicity so I'm curious to learn more about this book.

From viewing the author's website, it seems like you can simply view the website instead of purchasing and reading the book. So I'm not sure if I'll even borrow it from the library or just learn what I can online.

Click here to view the table of contents or here to view a summary of the ten laws.

0 comments:

Post a Comment