Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Perfectly Legal by David Cay Johnston


I've been very slowly reading David Cay Johnston's Perfectly Legal: The Covert Campaign to Rig Our Tax System to Benefit the Super Rich - and Cheat Everybody Else!

I really enjoyed reading Johnson's 2007 Free Lunch (click here to read my entries on that book) but have had a much harder time getting through Perfectly Legal; while the material in each book is different, they book have the same feel and I guess I've had enough of hearing about how the super-rich are profiting from ordinary middle class and lower class Americans.


To find out more, click here to read James K. Galbraith's New York Times review of this book titled " Nothing Is Certain but Death" and published in February 2004 or click here to read an excerpt from the author's website for this book.

Click here to read Johnston's articles published in the New York Times.

0 comments:

Post a Comment