Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Secret History of the War on Cancer

The Secret History of the War on CancerI've just read The Secret History of the War on Cancer by Dr. Devra Lee Davis and I've already written about this book twice (click here to view all my posts on this book).

But just for fun I thought I would search the NYTimes website to see what articles came up when searching "cancer" and "Devra Davis" and I came across Philip M Boffrey's "The parade of chemicals that cause cancer seems endless" published March 20, 1984 which discusses many of the cancer causing chemicals mentioned in Davis's War on Cancer.

Davis mentioned that she had first considered writing this book 20 years ago so this article should not have surprised me. And yet it did. Scientists need to do a better job of transmitting their knowledge to the public and avoiding conflicts of interest.

Also on NYTimes.com, I thought I'd check out the health section and came across Jane Brody's "Potential for Harm in Dietary Supplements" published this week. Seems like we're all confused about how to stay healthy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment