Monday, April 7, 2008

Why blog?

I love to read. Since I was a child, I've always enjoyed spending my money on books and my time devouring them. I also enjoy writing (even though it was always my worst subject in school) and in my current job I don't get to write much of anything.

I intend to use this blog to keep a journal of the books I read. I read all sorts of books and am a member of several book clubs.

After a spell of business books, I’ve been reading novels. Also, I want to learn more about positive psychology and nutrition and have added several relevant books to my soon-to-read short-list.

Currently, I'm reading:
The Secret History of the War on Cancer by Devra Davis
A New Earth: awakening to your life's purpose by Eckhart Tolle
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
The Forbes Book of Great Business Letters: Memos, Missives, Pitches, Proposals and E-Mails by Erik Bruun (editor)

And on my list to read shortly are:
Authentic Happiness: Using the New Positive Psychology to Realize Your Potential for Lasting Fulfillment by Martin E. P. Seligman
The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom by Jonathan Haidt
How of Happiness: A Scientific Approach to Getting the Life You Want by Sonja Lyubomirsky
The Paradox of Choice: Why More is Less by Barry Schwartz
The Cure Within: A History of Mind-Body Medicine by Anne Harrington
The Omnivore's Dilemma: a natural history of four meals by Michael Pollan
In Defense of Food: an eater's manifesto by Michael Pollan
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle : a year of food life by Barbara Kingsolver
Strategy and the Fat Smoker: doing what's obvious but not easy by David H Maister

0 comments:

Post a Comment