Monday, April 14, 2008

A New Earth: awakening to your life’s purpose by Eckhart Tolle

I just finished reading Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth and overall I'd say I liked it and recommend it.


While most of the concepts were familiar to me as Buddhist ideas, it was nice to be reminded of them. I did not like his use of his own terminology, though I suppose it makes the concepts less intimidating to non-Buddhists.

To summarize, the book is about letting go of your ego, be aware of your emotional baggage and learn to let go of it, avoid putting "good" or "bad" labels on things, and become enlightened.

Now I'm on to Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See! As a Chinese-American, I'm very much looking forward to reading it!

1 comments:

bloominglotus said...

Hi, there. I just started a new blog on my own spiritual journey, and my first post is about this book. I agree that a lot of what he says has been said before; however, I think his gift is that he's been able to illuminate certain truths in a way that is much clearer to and readily absorbed by the masses.

Do you do GoodReads? You might enjoy that, as well. Cheers!

Post a Comment