Monday, December 1, 2008

Books from Steven Greenhouse's The Big Squeeze


Here is a list of books mentioned by Greenhouse in The Big Squeeze: Tough Times for the American Worker, in case you want to learn more:

Not sure if I will actually read any of these.

I feel quite certain that labor relations must change if the United States is to remain competitive and the envy of the world, but reading about how poorly fellow Americans are treated just makes me sad.

Not sure how that change will be created but I do feel like the companies in Bo Burlingham's Small Giants: Companies that Choose to be Great Instead of Big (one of my favorite books) are good examples of how companies should be run -- for best profitability, happiness (click here to read a bit about this book) and likelihood for creating the "City on the Hill in which prosperity and fairness reigned" (as Greenhouse said on page 78).

0 comments:

Post a Comment