Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Book Club Trouble

I found "Fought Over Any Good Books Lately?" by Joanne Kaufman published December 5, 2008 in the New York Times very interesting:
“Who knew a book group could be such a soap opera?” said Barb Burg, senior vice president at Bantam Dell, which publishes many titles adopted by book groups. “You’d think it would just be about the book. But wherever I go, people want to talk to me about the infighting and the politics.”

I am a member of several online book clubs and while I haven't actually fought with anyone about the book selections I too have been disappointed by some of my book club's selections.

But since they are all online books, I don't feel guilty skipping a book or two or just staying quiet when everyone else loves a book that I hated (or vice versa).

Any thoughts on book clubs?

0 comments:

Post a Comment