Thursday, June 5, 2008

Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex by Mary Roach

Yesterday I started reading Mary Roach's latest book, Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex (click here to read all my posts about this book).

Goodness, as I sat reading it at my local Starbucks, I felt a tad embarrassed for reading about such scandalous and almost perverse experiments.

I've seen Kinsey the highly acclaimed 2004 movie starring Liam Neeson as Alfred Kinsey, the Indiana University scientist driven by scientific passion and personal demons to study human sexuality, and Laura Linney as Kinsey's wife Clara McMillen and I was still shocked by the experiments Roach describes in the first few chapters of Bonk.

I often enjoy telling friends and family about what I've been reading but think I may keep the things I learn in this book to myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment