Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Opposable Mind by Roger Martin

I've finally gotten through yet another one of my library books -- The Opposable Mind: How Successful Leaders Win Through Integrative Thinking by Roger Martin (click here to read all my posts on this book).

Will write more in detail about Chapters Five through Eight (just as I did for Chapters One through Four) but just wanted to write down a few of my thoughts now.

While I enjoyed this book and the stories and examples of integrative thinking, I didn't feel like it was substantive enough.

Call me a scientist, but I much prefer business books like Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… and Others Don’t by Jim Collins for the hard data and proofs.

Still, I would recommend this book as it does provide insights to becoming a better thinker and thus a better decision maker.

0 comments:

Post a Comment