Saturday, January 10, 2009

Accidental Empires by Robert X Cringely

How the Boys of Silicon Valley Make Their Millions, Battle Foreign Competition, and Still Can't Get a Date by Robert X CringelyLast night I finished Robert X Cringely's Accidental Empires: How the Boys of Silicon Valley Make Their Millions, Battle Foreign Competition, and Still Can't Get a Date (published in the 1990s).

I much preferred Founders at Work: Stories of Startup’s Early Days by Jessica Livingston (published in 2007).

I think what I liked about Livingston's book was that since it was in interview-format, it was straightforward.

But Cringely's book felt very gossipy.

Of course, Livingston had the benefit of writing her book a decade.

My opinion, don't read this book -- it's more reflective of the time the book was written than of the computer industry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment