Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

The Story of Success by Malcolm GladwellI have read Malcolm Gladwell's The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference and Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking. I thought The Tipping Point started off great and lost momentum part way through the book. And I felt the same way about Blink.

Now I have just read about his latest book, Outliers: The Story of Success, in a New York Times review "It's True: Success Succeeds, and Advantages Can Help" by Michiko Kakutani.

And I am not impressed. Given Gladwell's cult-like following, I have no doubt that Outliers will be a bestseller.

I don't want to read it. But probably will just because everyone else will be raving about Gladwell's new book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment