Wednesday, September 10, 2008

In Defense of Food: an Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan



Over the weekend, I got started on my stack of library books and finished In Defense of Food: an Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan (click here to view all my posts about this book).

While I liked this book and would buy it for friends, I felt like I'd heard it all before. I've read The Omnivore’s Dilemma, I've watched Michael Pollan on C-SPAN, I've heard Pollan on NPR several times, and I read his articles in the New York Times.

So while I was glad to read In Defense of Food, I didn't feel like I learned many new things.

Still, I'll post more details about this book -- probably sometime next week.

Click here to read the introduction of In Defense of Food on the author’s website or here to read the first chapter on the NYTimes Book Review website or here to view the table of contents.

0 comments:

Post a Comment